The new reality of events!
Steps to the success of your event! Hybrid or 100% virtual events!
From small meetings to large congresses, during pandemic.
We live in times of uncertainty, times of reflection and, dare I say, of enormous resilience. There is a certainty that we cannot fail to communicate with those around us, with friends, family, business partners, employees, a whole network that before was “just around the corner”, as they say.
The world of events and the reality we know have adapted to the times, as has the entire team at The House of Events, which continues to work and invest in continuous training and acquiring new skills to successfully organize our next events.
In addition to the experience gained over 20 years of organizing events in various fields (corporate, product launches, congresses, incentives, among many others), we also add the experience and confidence in the work of partners/suppliers from the most diverse areas, in particular, and taking into account the conditions that we are currently experiencing, technological and audiovisual partners to guarantee demand, safety and quality for your event.
I report below, in small paragraphs, everything you need to know immediately to plan and organize a hybrid or 100% virtual event because, as I mentioned earlier, above all, the important thing is to continue to communicate, share, gather, train…
Subscribe to our newsletter and get a free ebook:
Guide for event planning
Advantages of hybrid and 100% virtual events
- It allows one to capture a larger number of participants and from different areas;
- It allows for the development of a program with a greater quantity of content;
- It allows you to scout speakers with a full agenda and, in this way, they can with more ease participate remotely without jeopardizing their schedule;
- Greater involvement (before, during and after the event) because through a targeted communication program, we are able to increase the visibility of the event on all networks;
- It allows greater networking between all the stakeholders during the whole process, as each one can create their professional profile and thus increase their network of contacts.
Steps to plan your event
- Identify the type of event and the format (hybrid or 100% virtual);
- Types of Events: Conference; Corporate Meeting; Workshop; Webinar; Exhibition or Fair; Product Launch; Delivery of Awards; Entertainment Program.
- Identify the target audience, potential sponsors and partners;
- Define the content for the program and its duration, and, at the same time, identify speakers who have a dynamic, captivating profile and who through their speech will make the sessions interactive;
- Define the objectives and the return you intend to achieve with the event;
- Select the location either to hold the event in physical format or to set up a virtual studio;
- Develop a communication and marketing program that allows, throughout the process, to evaluate the return and reach.
Features that differentiate each of the formats
|Hybrid events||100% Virtual events|
|Duration||– Adapting the content and duration so that those who watch only in virtual format do not lose motivation;|
– More dynamic sessions;
– Content adapted to both kinds of audiences.
-More dynamic sessions to keep online audience motivated.
|Format||– Choose a venue for the event.||– Virtual, resorting to a studio where a dedicated team can control the event remotely to guarantee there are no flaws.|
|Logistics||– Preparation of a security manual for post-Covid events, according to DGS (Regional Health Directorate) rules;|
– Technical support for the speakers before the event to familiarize them with the platform that will be used at the event;
– Prior recording of all sessions is recommended in case of internet problems;
– Coordination, supervision and training of all teams and suppliers that will operate during the event (hostesses/catering/assemblies/exhibition/…).
|-Brief training session for speakers on the platforms to be used;|
– Technical support for the speakers before the event to familiarize them with the platform to be used;
– Prior recording of all sessions is recommended in case of internet problems.
|Tools||– Production/Streaming/Platform/High definition Bandwidth teams.||– Production/ Streaming/ Platform/ High definition Bandwidth teams.|
|Platform||– Dynamic platform that allows the involvement of all participants in the different moments of the event (chat, voting, gaming, networking, virtual exhibition, notifications …).||– Dynamic platform that allows the involvement of all participants in the different moments of the event (chat, voting, gaming, networking, virtual exhibition, notifications …).|
Skills for the whole team of The House of Events
Planning and managing your event from anywhere:
- Applications for congresses and events
- Project management consulting
- Events production
- Communications, registration and scientific program management
- Administrative management and secretariat
- Financial management
- Logistic management of the event
- Finding and negotiating sponsors and exhibitors
Regardless of the type of event, everyone involved shares the need to acquire and share knowledge, develop motivation and pollish new skills, as well as create new networks.
In times of crisis, communicating is even more important. These first steps are the basis for producing a unique, innovative event that meets the expectations of the target audiences, that is sustainable, and high in rigor and notoriety. We cannot meet with the same regularity as before and, therefore, we have tools and secure platforms that allow companies, associations and institutions to continue to have visibility and communicate with their associates, partners, employees and clients.
The success of these events implies effective management, rigorous planning, innovation in the concept of the event and obviously the use of online platforms that allow interaction with everyone involved in the event.
Events and Congress Manager at THE since 2006, the year in which I finished the Tourism Management Course at the Porto Hotel and Tourism School.
I share passion for events and all the challenges that their planning represents together with the love for my family, in particular for my daughter, and my animals and nature.